Forced Listening Thread

Prometheus

This is a fun thread that's been passed around many different types of forums. If you don't know what it is, already, it's a thread that allows you to present music to others as well as expose yourself to different music. How do you accomplish this? First a person must post a song (usually on YouTube, but anywhere it can be easily heard on most computers is fine) and then the next poster must listen to that song. After writing in a decent response, that poster can put up a song and the process repeats itself. Before I begin, I'll lay down a couple of rules:

1. You must listen to the entire song. If you hate the music that's being posted so much that you can't get through it, then don't post next.

2. Only post intelligent responses. I don't want to hear simple one or two word responses like "Pretty good" or "That sucked". Don't be too thoughtlessly insulting or concise in commenting. Put some thought into your responses, please.

3. No offensive songs or videos. Remember, there are people of all ages browsing this forum, so we don't need any detailed descriptions of gang rape or anything.

4. No Rick Rolls or anything along those lines. It's not funny, nor was it ever funny. If you want someone to seriously rate the song, say so, but don't try using it as a lame joke or anything.

5. Follow forum rules in general. If that wasn't obvious enough, that is.

Now, let's begin! I hope this takes off here:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Listened to it. She reminds me a little bit of Lacuna Coil. I  liked the guitar solo that starts at 2:53 in the video. I enjoyed the goth style and costumes she wore. Visuals in the video were really nice. Not sure who the singer is, but she is very pretty. Now some of you who know me on other forums know that I'm more into alternative rock or new metal. There's a few rap and pop artists that I'm into. But I don't listen to those artists very much. So I guess for my first song I'll go with the one song that got me into the Deftones. 

• Like 1

Definitely brings back memories. I know I've heard this song before, couldn't remember where or how. It was a little too slow for my taste. I enjoyed the instrumentals and the lyrics. Not sure how I feel about the song as a whole. I gave it a second listen to cement my thoughts and opinions on it. Overall, I'd probably give it a 6/10.

• Like 1

What a depressing story that the song presents. I can empathize. The husband isn't happy in the relationship. The woman is struggling to be happy with her daughter and trying to keep the family together and wants her husband to be more involved and he's just not there emotionally, until finally he's just gone and it's just her daughter there to comfort here.  The song really gives a sense of deep loneliness. Speaking of depressing songs. Here's one by Deftones lead singer Chino. 

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Once heavenly
A blacked out new permanent trail
Is hanging underneath the sun and beyond
What should appear, actually no more remains
Confusing us all

[Chorus]
Eraser
Look around, around, around
Eraser

[Verse 2]
I wish you could've viewed
It's all become dreary and bare
Who would've known it would turn into this?
Now walls surround and everything else seems cold and pale
It's strange and it jars my head

[Chorus]
Eraser
Eraser
Eraser
Eraser

• Like 1