Fantastic Four (2025)

Prometheus

• 7 months later...

Fantastic Four Cast Break Silence on Joining the MCU, Fan Reactions a Little Mixed

• Marvel Studios has finally announced the cast of the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, featuring Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn as the superhero family.
  • The cast members took to social media to share their excitement about joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • Fan reactions to the casting have been mixed, with some fans enthusiastic about the choices and others expressing skepticism or concern.

https://movieweb.com/fantastic-four-cast-break-silence-mcu-fan-reactions/

• 2 weeks later...

The Fantastic Four's Ben Grimm Star Unveils How He Will Portray The Thing

The upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film, The Fantastic Four, is getting buzz not only for its star-studded cast but also for its modern approach to character portrayal. Ebon Moss-Bachrach, who plays Ben Grimm, also known as The Thing, recently shared insights into how his character will be brought to life on the big screen.

In a departure from previous adaptations, The Fantastic Four will utilize motion capture and CGI to depict The Thing. This marks a significant shift from the prosthetic suit used by Michael Chiklis in the 2005 and 2007 films. Speaking on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Moss-Bachrach expressed his relief at avoiding the discomfort of a physical suit. Moss-Bachrach shared:

"I don't think it's the suit. Michael Chiklis wore a suit. Apparently, the suit was really uncomfortable," he said. "We're past that I think. It's a little cosplay and amateur now with the technology. It's mostly performance capture. "

The use of CGI for The Thing is not entirely new to the franchise. The 2015 reboot also employed visual effects for the character, with Jamie Bell providing the performance capture. However, the upcoming film's adoption of this technology aligns with the broader trend in the MCU of utilizing CGI and motion capture to create more dynamic and visually striking characters.

Moss-Bachrach's casting as Ben Grimm was only recently confirmed, but the actor revealed that he has been attached to the project since the summer of 2023.

"I found out a long time [ago]," he shared. "I think I found out in the beginning of August... So, I got a call from my agents... and they said, 'They asked you to play The Thing.' [...] I was so shocked."

Source.