James Mangold Confirms He's Writing the DCU's Swamp Thing

Prometheus

James Mangold Confirms He's Writing the DCU's Swamp Thing Movie

Filmmaker James Mangold has a very busy future ahead of him. After wrapping up his work on the upcoming sequel Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Mangold has been tapped to direct an upcoming Star Wars movie, as revealed on Friday's Star Wars Celebration event. The film is said to be set around the Dawn of the Jedi.

Speaking with Collider about the project, Mangold also officially confirmed that he's writing the Swamp Thing movie for James Gunn and Peter Safran's DCU. There had been reports of the Logan helmer taking on the project, and he previously teased as such by posting imagery of Swamp Thing on social media. When asked which would be coming first, Star Wars or Swamp Thing, Mangold admitted that he's writing both scripts, though he doesn't know which one will first be made.

"We'll see what comes to fruition first... The truth is, I'm writing both, right now, and who knows what's going to happen, and what's going to blossom first, or second. So, there's your thing. I'm acknowledging, I'm doing something. There's your scoop. It's not a rumor. It's happening."

This is the first time Mangold has officially confirmed his involvement. While the image he shared to social media was noted, Mangold noted how that didn't have everyone convinced at the time, though he's making it clear now that he's definitely writing the Swamp Thing script.

"Yeah, but that isn't good enough. Then everyone asks, 'Oh, so he's doing it, or he just likes the illustration?' And, on and on it goes. No, it can all happen. It just takes time. There's only one person."

movieweb.com/james-mangold-confirm-swamp-thing/