Star Wars Movie About the First Jedi Announced

Prometheus

Star Wars Movie About the First Jedi Announced from Logan Director James Mangold

You've seen The Last Jedi, now meet the first. Logan and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny director James Mangold will helm a Star Wars movie about the very first Jedi. Titled Dawn of the Jedi, the project was revealed that the ongoing Star Wars Celebration 2023 event, with the filmmaker continuing his collaboration with Disney following this year’s fifth (and final?) Indiana Jones outing. Revealed during the panel, Dawn of the Jedi will be set “in the deep past” and will introduce audiences to the first person to ever use The Force. The Star Wars movie has been described as a “biblical epic” by Mangold, and certainly sounds like it will explore the Jedi ways and their connection with The Force more than ever before.

“When I first started talking to Kathy about doing one of these pictures, what occurred to me was thinking about what kind of genre of movie within Star Wars I wanted to do. And I thought about a Biblical epic, like a Ten Commandments, about the dawning of the Force. Where did the Force come from, when did we discover it, when did we learn how to use it?”

Star Wars is a little unclear on who the first Force users were, though it is thought that a religious group known as The Dai Bendu were the main inspiration for the eventual Jedi Order. Nevertheless, the somewhat vague knowledge of who the first Force user was should give filmmaker James Mangold plenty of room to put his own stamp on the Star Wars galaxy.

movieweb.com/star-wars-movie-about-the-first-jedi-announced-from-logan-director-james-mangold/