Are you introverted or extroverted?

2 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Introverted 100%, I have a socialization gauge that maxes out and then I just want to be alone to recharge.

Same. I feel like I'm expelling energy just trying to make things work with new people. It's always been easier for me to shut down and isolate myself for a while until I get that energy back. 

• Like 2

If only more people understood this. There would probably be less fights. I know I've had several really dumb fights with family over me not feeling up to socializing or wanting to socialize on a particular day. Or I would say I'm going back to my room when I was burnt out and would be told that I couldn't go back to my room.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely an introvert here as well.  Totally understand about that social gauge that was mentioned and needing time alone to recharge (which I usually don't get, at least not in the way that I need).

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, MrDawn said:

Are you introverted or extroverted?

Which one and why? 

I am a closet introvert lol.  I mask as extremely extroverted and I am very good at being chatty and stuff but yeah it definitely drains me. 

Good example from a couple days ago.  I was out of town a few nights at a Cybersecurity convention.  Required me to talk to about ~50 people one on one (vendors) over the course of 8 hours.  I then went on to speak about a couple topics at a Q&A panel (I wasn't on the panel but I wanted to respond to a question with a different approach than the panel was taking).  That was in front of about I'd say ~300+ people.   Thankfully my comments went over well.  Afterwards I was getting a lot of questions about it and I did answer them all.  I was suppose to go to the bar for a social thing from 6-8p but I was just done.  Got changed, went down there, took one look at the group of people and was like "yeah nah" got some food and went back to my room and hung out till I could hang with my homegirl on the phone later that evening.

• Like 1