Daily Complaint & Rant Thread

Prometheus

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, April said:

Ever heard of the phrase "walking on eggshells"?  Yeah, that's been my whole weekend. 😑  I think that's enough said for now.  *sigh*

Been there April...

Today, I'd just like to sink to a certain person's level and give them a taste of their own medicine.  I'm kind of tired of being the bigger, better person.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 9:13 AM, as1ntended said:

Been there April...

Today, I'd just like to sink to a certain person's level and give them a taste of their own medicine.  I'm kind of tired of being the bigger, better person.

aw, I completely understand, but I hope you don't get tired of being that way.  It's a very rare quality to have these days...

So, I'm a chronic overthinker.  I was up once again at 4am this morning... Just unable to shut off my brain long enough to fall asleep.  My list of projects and shit just keeps getting longer and there's just no end in sight.  It'd be one thing if I could just focus on these things and get them done but I also have a very codependent wife and a live-in mother-in-law who's basically disabled, a 7 year old child and three dogs that all need me to do things for/with them.  I cook about 80% of the meals, do about 80% of the cleaning & dishes.

Currently working on:

>Framing a whole ass basement on my own (2,500sqft), so that I can then help my wife's 74 year old uncle do the electrical work.  I am about 90% done with the framing, but its been super slow going because I'm working on the overhead stuff that really needs two people, on my own.

>Resolving a condensation issue on an AC line to the upstairs mini-split.  I get to open up the drywall in my son's/guest bathroom because something somewhere is leaking and causing a moisture stain on the ceiling here right where the AC line runs.... This is on a brand new home (2 years old).

>Doing volunteer work for the town.  (Easter, 4th, Halloween, Christmas) Currently organizing the Easter Egg hunt with around 2k eggs to get filled and ~300 attendees.  This means I have to do board meetings with the town to let them know what we're doing and also get the volunteers and dates scheduled.

New Issues This Week:

>Flat tires on my wife's pickup.  (Dealt with)

>An oil leak on my older SUV (Pending)

>A laundry machine (1.5 years old) that just leaked onto the floor. (Pending)

>A 'broken' seatbelt in my MIL's brand new Kia (Dealt with)

>Exterior lighting not functioning (Dealt with)

Coming soon:

> Planting (more) grass (just under an acre)

> Garden beds needing about ~3 tons of dirt added (this will be by hand)

> Garden bed weed management (We have a lot of garden space)

> Redoing the watering system for garden

> Planting said garden

> Cleaning up from the winter

> Replacing newly planted trees that were winter-killed due to the extremely cold winter we had (Probably close to 10)

> About 2 tons of black mulch needing to be added to existing landscaping (by hand)

> Replacing and upgrading our current above ground pool. (I've promised my son).  This involves moving around 4 tons of sand (by hand, over a fence)

> Building a simple but large ~12x24' floating deck for said above ground pool so said disabled mother-in-law can access it.

> Digging footings for a 10x16' shed

> Digging footings for a landscaping water feature

> Pouring the above footing(s)

> Digging the water feature

> Building a retaining wall for water feature

> Concreting water feature

> Plumbing water feature

> Planting water feature

> Prepping the ground for a crew to come pour the pad for the above shed.

> Annual maintenance of home.

> Additional wall framing and addition of a door for upstairs.

> Insulation for whole basement

> Drywall for whole basement

> Building a bathroom in the basement

> Additional storage in garage above doors

> Installation of permanent outdoor holiday lighting 

> Installation of 30-40 tons of white rock/base for drive and trailer storage to the shop.

I'm gonna be ridiculously busy this spring.

• Confused 1

That sir is a grand list of to-do things. I know I need to do some work around my house to tidy it up and try to upgrade a few things. I just had to upgrade my air conditioner last summer because I was tired of having to pay the continuously increasing costs to refill the freon levels. I'm hoping this year will be a light storm year during hurricane season so I can get away without having to replace my entire roof.

I have been dealing with an annoying cough for the past week and some. Finally went to the urgent care to have it checked out and was given some antibiotics. The cough wouldn't be so bad if it weren't persistent and accompanied with mucus. It doesn't exactly sound pleasant either.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2024 at 6:27 PM, Prometheus said:

I have been dealing with an annoying cough for the past week and some. Finally went to the urgent care to have it checked out and was given some antibiotics. The cough wouldn't be so bad if it weren't persistent and accompanied with mucus. It doesn't exactly sound pleasant either.

Is it better now or do you still have it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that it's mostly gone @Prometheus!  I know the feeling.

My complaint for today is just lack of sleep.  The puppy did NOT want to go to sleep at all last night, so I was up with her since around 1:30am... I finally got about 30 mins of sleep, only to wake up with a stomachache so I decided to take a sick day from work.  Good decision so far. 😄  Not looking forward to the BS I have to deal with tomorrow but for the moment, I'm just not thinking about it!

• Sad 1

I know the feeling about lack of sleep. I feel like I've not been getting a full night's sleep the past few nights and I'm not sure why. If it progresses or gets worse, I may need to look into joining a sleep study to see if I have sleep apnea or something.

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:48 PM, Prometheus said:

I know the feeling about lack of sleep. I feel like I've not been getting a full night's sleep the past few nights and I'm not sure why. If it progresses or gets worse, I may need to look into joining a sleep study to see if I have sleep apnea or something.

Melatonin, but yeah definitely get the study done.   I am fully aware how much lack of sleep sucks.  I think the last time I slept well I was in my teens....  I turn 39 in a couple days.

Edited by as1ntended