Marvel’s Blade Now Heading for R-Rating, Confirms Director

Prometheus

Blade fans can remain calm, as their wish for a dark and bloody return of the daywalker has been granted. Director Yann Demange confirms that Marvel Studios has approved an R-rating for the movie, something many believed was imperative for the character and his story.

One of the biggest concerns voiced by fans of characters like Deadpool and Blade when Disney bought Fox, was that the House of Mouse would not respect the violent nature of their comic book iterations. Fortunately, after seeing the enormous success of the first two installments of Ryan Reynolds' adventures as the Merc with a Mouth, the studio decided to continue down the same path, and it seems that Blade will also follow that road.

Demange, who will be in charge of directing the introduction of Blade to the MCU, spoke with Deadline about the project, celebrating being able to develop a more adult and mature story:

"They gave me the R, which is so important. I come out of this wanting to be more open, more vulnerable and bring a more personal aspect to my work. But for Blade, we are going to have fun because Mahershala is such a deep actor. I’m excited to show a kind of ruthlessness, a roughness he has, that allows him to walk the earth in a particular way. I love him for that. He’s got a dignity and integrity, but there is a ferocity there that he usually keeps under the surface. I want to unleash that and put it on the screen."

https://movieweb.com/marvel-blade-r-rating-confirmed/

• 2 months later...