A Quiet Place Prequel, A Quiet Place: Day One, Wraps Filming

Filming on the upcoming horror prequel, A Quiet Place: Day One, has now wrapped. Confirmed by director Michael Sarnoski via Instagram, the filmmaker has offered an extensive look behind-the-scenes of A Quiet Place: Day One courtesy of several images of the cast and crew, which includes writer and producer John Krasinski, and stars Lupita Nyong'o and Joseph Quinn.

“A quiet wrap,” filmmaker Michael Sarnoski said in a caption alongside the behind-the-scenes images. “I can't properly express how much appreciation I feel for the incredible talents that came together to make this movie. I've felt challenged and supported in ways I'll always cherish. Thank you all for coming on this journey.”

Plot details for A Quiet Place: Day One are currently a mystery, but based on the title it is expected that the prequel will detail what happened on the first day that the alien beasts with super-hearing crashed down on Earth and began to devour humans. No doubt much chaos will ensue.

Directed by Michael Sarnoski, from a screenplay he co-wrote with Jeff Nichols, and based on an original story by John Krasinski, A Quiet Place: Day One will be led by Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong'o alongside Stranger Things standout Joseph Quinn. The rest of the cast includes Hereditary and Jumanji: The Next Level star Alex Wolff and Shazam! Fury of the Gods actor and Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou, who has already featured in this post-apocalyptic tale as the Man on the Island in 2020s A Quiet Place Part II.

movieweb.com/a-quiet-place-prequel-a-quiet-place-day-one-wraps-filming/

• Prometheus changed the title to A Quiet Place: Day One
  • 1 month later...

I enjoyed them. I loved the concept of silence being key to survival and illustrating the difficulties of maintaining that silence in the long-term. I will admit the sequel wasn't as good as the first film in some aspects.

• 1 month later...